Hi there guys! I recently realized that a lot of my posts lately have been about beauty and makeup and I haven’t written about health or any food as such. And so while I was thinking what to blog about, I had the most amazing idea ever. I’m going to tell you guys about detox (meaning detoxification) water and why it is so beneficial for your health.
We, as a whole realize that we should drink more water to stay healthy and to keep our skin looking great, yet water can be so boring. You could simply add flavored ingredients like squash to make drinking water more fascinating, however this is a more natural alternative. I utilize the term ‘detox water’ delicately, as your body (the liver in particular) normally detoxifies itself once a day, with fluids flushing out waste items, ultimately keeping your digestive system healthy.
In a perfect world, we should drink no less than eight glasses of water daily (each glass being 200 ml), but if you are more dynamic or live in a hotter atmosphere then you may require more. The most effortless approach to checking if you are drinking enough water is to simply check the color of your urine; if it’s pale, then you’re drinking enough, and if its darker then you definitely need more water.
In the event that you need to make your water more interesting, to enable you to drink more, flush out toxins from your body, as well as to decrease the amount of calories you might be getting from fizzy and sweetened beverages, read on for my favorite water-infused flavor blend!
- fresh drinking water
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2-3 small lemons
- a few leaves of mint
- Wash and cut the cucumber and lemon into slices. Also, wash the mint leaves.
- Put them into a container, preferably a small jug.
- Fill the container with water, mix and leave it to soak overnight in the refridgerator. You can keep refilling the container with more water for a couple of days until the point when you have to change the fruits or herbs.
This is a great recipe, especially if you want to start drinking healthy. Here are a few benefits of drinking detox water:
- Lemons are a natural cleanser and are really good for digestion
- Cucumbers help to boost hydration, and
- Mint gives a flawless refreshing flavor!
Do try this out guys and let me know how it turned out for you!
Please do follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter! 🙂